Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Yesu Klisto Laladn Kã Bʉsi

Yes, dear friends, there is a way to say it's Christmas time in Mesem. The words are literally Jesus Christs' Being Born Time Is. The word "la" which means, "arise, stand, born, happen" and several other things depending on the context is a word in Mesem that I quite like. I like the idea that "laladn" can mean not only birthday, but also arising. That the name of Jesus "arises" in this land and in the land of Papua New Guinea has been our long standing goal and prayer.

As I write this Neil is at the nursing home conducting a service and I remained home with our injured son to write, cook, pick up pine needles and ask God for new direction for the year 2009. Even as I do these things, I am reminded of an expression my friend Elyce used when she prayed for us and for the Mesem. Elyce would say, "Lord make Your Name great among the Mesem".

So this Christmas we bless you, are thankful for you, and pray that God's Name is made great in all the earth.

No comments: